Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Reason For Running

Distance: 10k
Time: 48:58 (pb)

Another day, another pb!

I'd planned to try and break my 10k pb today but not by nearly three minuets.  Really looking forward to getting started at Sheffeild in a month now.

I've finally set up my Virgin Money Giving site so people can sponsor my for my three 10k runs during September, a quick reminder they are:

Great Yorkshire Run, Sheffield (02/09/2012)
Salford City 10k (09/09/2012)
Rochadale Kingsway 10k (23/09/2012)

I'm running these to challenge myself but mainly to raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research (http://leukaemialymphomaresearch.org.uk/about-us). I've never had made much of an effort to raise any money for charity before and now I have it was a bit of a no brainer which charity I was going to run for. I lost my brother Robin to Leukaemia aged 7. It's not something I really talk about but because of that it was the only charity I wanted I wanted to get involved with and help. I'd love to be able to raise some money to help research into treatment and hopefully one day a cure for all blood cancers.

If you can sponsor me I'd be really grateful if you could visit my Virgin Money Giving site at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DanYarwood and please don't forget to add gift aid, every penny counts!

There are just 5 weeks to go to my first 10k race in Sheffield and my training is now focused on doing as well as I can in that. Today's run I was looking to get a sub 51 min run but as I entered my last kilometer I saw that I had a chance to get a really good time - the last kilometer being my fastest at 4:24 that's a good 5k race pace for me, and it was uphill. The full run details are on Endo here http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/76100181

No comments:

Post a Comment